How are Homeowners selected?
Homeowners must be low-income and elderly, disabled, or a veteran and unable to do the work themselves. Individual families can be referred through neighborhood associations, churches, synagogues, community organizations and service groups, or by self-referral.
Do Homeowners pay?
All repairs are free for homeowners. Labor and many supplies are typically donated. Homeowners and family members are asked to welcome the volunteers into their homes and work alongside them to the extent possible. Our work is done with families and neighborhoods, not for them.
Homeowner Qualification Requirements
- Must be of low-income as per Broward County’s HUD guidelines
- Homeowner must reside in the home
- Home must be homesteaded
- Homeowner must be elderly, disabled, grandparent raising grandchildren, raising a disabled child or a veteran
- Homeowner must have lived in the home a minimum of 12 years
- Reside in Broward County
- Reside in a single family detached house (no condos, duplex, townhomes, villas, rentals or trailer (mobile) homes)
- Homeowner and occupants must be cooperative and appreciative throughout the process
- Applicant must qualify with the above requirements
- The repairs/improvements must be manageable, targeted, important and affordable
- Must cooperate with home visits
- Homeowner status and income may have to be verified
- Match up with required skill sets (volunteers and hired contractors)
- Final determination and selection of houses and activities resides with the Rebuilding Together Project Review Committee and other involved organizations
To request Home Repair/Modification please fill out the application. Once you have downloaded the document please mail it into the address provided. We do not accept faxed or hand delivered applications.
To view our Criteria for Client and Site Selection please click here.
If you know someone who could use our help, please refer them here.
We also need your feedback! If we have helped you, or someone you referred to us, please let us know how we did.