"To Preserve and restore safe and healthy homes for homeowners in need."
In partnership with the community, our primary goal is to eliminate unsafe and deplorable living conditions for low-income homeowners who are elderly, veterans, and/or have disabilities. To accomplish this, we provide homeowners with critical home repairs, accessibility modifications, and energy-efficient upgrades. Our work creates safer and healthier environments, and makes it possible for people to live in their own homes independently and for longer periods of time.
"A safe and healthy home for all homeowners"
Rebuilding Together’s CORE VALUES
- We are committed to helping low-income people and communities and respect their integrity, strengths, and assets. We strengthen lives, homes, and communities.
- We work in partnership with neighborhoods, involving residents in all aspects of our work. We value collaboration with other groups who share similar goals.
- We believe in quality planning, delivery, and evaluation of our services.
- We believe in inclusiveness, and seek to promote a diversity that is reflective of our communities.
- We recognize the uniqueness of each affiliate and their community and respect local flexibility and creativity in decision-making and service delivery.
- Volunteers delivering free services on National Rebuilding Day is our core initiative and our common denominator, along with the cost-effective leveraging of donated materials, supplies and labor.
We have a focus on providing assistance to the elderly and disabled especially those living in poverty or very low-income and veterans. Our goal is to make a sustainable impact in a community via partnerships with organizations, municipalities and local civic associations.
Our mission addresses quality of life issues by delivering urgent home repairs and important home improvements and our fundamental objective is to restore safe and healthy living conditions. Our home improvement projects are customized based on the needs of the family and condition of the house. We select meaningful home improvements that are significant, immediate and long lasting. We also support community development projects and improvements to needy non-profit facilities.
Our objectives are not only to help low-income homeowners, neighborhoods and non-profit entities, but also to engage homeowners, neighbors and community organizations to address a common community need. Home repairs are some of the activities, but not the objective. We address quality of life issues. Home repairs are a means to restore safe and sanitary living conditions. “What we do” and “How we do it” can be equally important.
The physical improvement of a home, neighborhood and non-profit entity should have an immediate and enduring impact on their well-being. The “how we do it” will influence the long-term benefits of the repairs/revitalization. The “how we do it” is the reflection of the community engagement in the projects.